Monday, April 14, 2008

Tadasana = Presence

For me, Tadasana is a pose of awareness. It has taught me many things On and Off The Mat. When I am On The Mat it is a very centering and grounding pose. It brings me in touch with where my body is at that moment in time.

Off The Mat is where I really feel the lesson in this pose. I am very flexible and have a tendency to hyper-extend my knees while standing. I have become aware that when I catch myself standing and my knees are hyper-extended I am not present, or as Eckhart Tolle says, "in the now". I am rehashing the past or thinking about something in the future. If I stand in Tadasana no matter where I am or what I am doing, I am fully present.

1 comment:

@MuseLaura said...

What a great insight about not being present! What a fabulous idea to share with students.