Saturday, November 1, 2008

Parsvottanasana: What's to Become of Me!

Okay, this month's pose is one of my least favorite. I injured my hamstring 13 years ago and this pose was the one that most aggravated the injured state. About two months ago I healed the injury completely. (You can read the discussion I had around it with Nadine Fawell.) Anyway, I taught the pose this morning and realized, even though my injury is gone, I still have animosity toward the pose! This month I vow to include it in every practice and teach it in every class. It is time to learn more from this pose. It obviously has something to teach me.

1 comment:

Marya said...

I can so relate! I had a brief injury (not so long ago) but I've disliked this one from the start. I don't know why! I'm inspired now - I'm going to do it every class and practice this month. I'm curious and excited to see what we discover!